Innovation, value and versatility in one integrated design
Choose the RICOH MP 2501SP for fast, dependable and affordable multifunction performance to streamline document-related workflow and lower your total cost of ownership. This space-saving and innovative MFP combines quality printing and copying on media up to 11" x 17", easy-to-use scanning capabilities, optional faxing and advanced security features. For small offices, use it as your primary system, or deploy it as an integral part of a Ricoh Managed Document Services (MDS) strategy and improve productivity for small workgroups throughout your organization.
- With a warm-up time of only 20 seconds or less and first-print times as fast as 6 seconds, the MP 2501SP is ready to move as fast as you are. The compact and reliable system produces high-quality output at up to 25 pages per minute.
- Full-front-access design allows users to connect to key functions effortlessly for easy operation and maintenance. Plus, with its powerful processing engine, the system can manage multiple copying, printing and scanning projects for continuous workflow.
- The MP 2501SP offers portable and Cloud-based applications to meet the evolving demands of today’s mobile workforce and to share information throughout your organization.
- With a built-in USB/SD card slot on the control panel, workers can print PDF, TIFF and JPEG files right at the device — without additional drivers or software. (Requires HDD option).
- Printing of e-mails, photos, web pages and documents can also be initiated from smartphones and tablets without software to download, drivers to install or cables to connect.
- Take advantage of the easy-to-view, tiltable 4.3-inch color control panel with a customizable home screen and icons for personalized, one-step shortcuts to common tasks.
- Choose from three available function keys to assign other pre-set tasks for even more convenience. Plus, the control panel includes a home screen button so users can return to the main menu instantly.
- With standard printing and copying, the versatile system offers 600 dpi image quality output along with advanced scanning features and optional fax capabilities in a compact design, making it ideal for everyday workflow in small offices and workgroups.
- Use enhanced batch scanning to scan one-sided and two-sided originals in a single job without generating unnecessary blank pages.
- With the fax option, users can route documents directly to e-mail accounts or shared folders and send faxes using the Internet instead of phone lines to reduce costs and enhance productivity.
- In addition, with the Remote Fax feature, an organization can designate one MP 2501SP with fax capability as the hub to send and receive documents from other networked Ricoh services-led MFPs without fax capabilities.
- The Ricoh MP 2501SP allows you to scan black-and-white and color documents and save them instantly to shared folders, computers, media cards and more at no additional cost.
- Color scanning preserves the original look of the document, enabling the capture of highlights, annotations and other image details. Users can also look at thumbnail previews of the scanned documents to ensure quality and accuracy before they are distributed.
- With optional Ricoh GlobalScan NX software, users can create unique scanning workflows that automate distribution and minimize manual errors to streamline the way your office shares information.
- The MP 2501SP is designed to deliver a wide range of documents on media up to 11" x 17". It comes standard with a 100-sheet capacity automatic reversing document feeder (ARDF) to handle multi-page originals for single or two-sided copying and scanning.
- The system includes a Document Server* to store up to 3,000 electronic documents at the device for convenient access and retrieval. Plus, an Auto Job Promotion* feature can skip specific error jobs and proceed to subsequent print jobs for uninterrupted throughput. (*Requires HDD option.)
- With the optional hard disk drive (HDD) installed, the Ricoh MP 2501SP offers user password-protected and user-specific authentication to ensure only authorized users have access to key documents and system privileges.
- Print jobs can be stored at the device until users swipe an ID card or enter ID information at the control panel to release them.
- Unauthorized Copy Control prevents fraudulent duplication of sensitive documents
- The DataOverwriteSecurity System (DOSS) ensures latent images stored on the internal HDD are protected. For even greater security, it includes AES 256-bit/SHA-2 enhanced encryption for advanced protection of your most critical data.
Environmental Features B/W MFPs Guide
- The MP 2501SP can save more electricity by shortening the time it takes to recover from its “1W” Sleep Mode to only 10 seconds.
- The system offers automatic duplexing for copying, faxing and printing to reduce paper consumption.
- An Eco-friendly Indicator is prominently displayed on the control panel to encourage users to be more environmentally responsible. It displays the print history for each user as well as the subsequent impact on the environment.
- With the Quota Setting feature, administrators can take control of excessive print costs and set print quotas for individual users as well. (Requires HDD option)
- Connectivity is easy in any shared-use office environment with a standard Gigabit Ethernet or USB 2.0 interface. Take advantage of Ricoh’s Embedded Software Architecture and incorporate customized applications and software solutions to boost productivity and reduce operating costs.
- Incorporate innovative print driver deployment, automated meter collection, Cloud-based fleet reports and more. In addition, Web Image Monitor allows users or administrators to check status or configure settings of the device through any web browser.
Scanning Element One-dimensional solid scanning through CCD Printing Process Laser beam scanning/marking & electrophotographic printing System Memory Standard: 1 GB RAM (shared); Optional: 1.5 GB RAM maximum (shared), 250 GB HDD (shared) Output Speed (Copy/Print) Up to 25 ppm (Letter), 17 ppm (Legal), 14 ppm (Ledger) First Copy Time 6 seconds or less Recovery Time to Print Ready Mode Less than 10 seconds Warm-Up Time Less than 20 seconds Copy Resolution 600 dpi Grayscale 256 levels Exposure Adjustment Manual and automatic Multiple Copies Up to 999 Document Feeder (Standard) Automatic Reversing Document Feeder (ARDF), Capacity: 100 sheets Paper Sizes Standard Trays: 5.5" x 8.5" to 11" x 17" (A5 – A3)
Bypass Tray: 5.5" x 8.5" to 11" x 17" (A6 – A3)
Duplex Unit: 5.5" x 8.5" to 11" x 17" (A5 – A3)
ARDF: 5.5" x 8.5" to 11" x 17" (A5 – A3)
Paper Weights Standard Trays: 16 – 28 lb. Bond (60 – 105 g/m²)
Bypass Tray: 16 Bond – 90 lb. Index (60 – 162 g/m²)
Duplex Unit: 17 – 24 lb. Bond (64 – 90 g/m²)
ARDF: 11 – 34 lb. Bond Simplex (40 – 128g/m²), 14 – 28 lb. Bond Duplex (53 – 105 g/m²)
Exposure Glass Up to 11" x 17" (A3) Input Capacity Standard: 250 sheets x 2 Trays + 100-Sheet Bypass Tray
Optional: 500 sheets x 1 or 2 Trays
Output Capacity 250 sheets (internal tray), 100 sheets (1 Bin Tray Option) Maximum Input Capacity 1,600 sheets Maximum Input Capacity Plain, Recycled, Colored, Letterhead, Preprinted, Bond, Card Stock, Prepunched, Special, Thick*, OHP (Transparency)* Envelopes*, Label Stock* Zoom 25% to 400% in 1% increments Preset Reduction and Enlargement Ratios 50%, 65%, 78%, 93%,121%, 129%, 155% Dimensions (W x D x H) 23.1" x 22.4" x 26.9" (587 mm x 568 mm x 683 mm) – includes ARDF Weight 114.0 lbs./51.7 kg Power Requirements 120V, 60Hz, 12A Power Consumption Less than 1.55 kW (max.) Sleep Mode 0.5W TEC Value 1.126 kWh/Week****Typical electricity consumption by ENERGY STAR program Standard Features Auto Duplex, Auto Off Timer, Auto Paper Selection, Auto Start, Combine Copy, Electronic Sort, Image Rotation, Job Programs (25), Photo Mode, Series Copy, Simple Screen, User Codes (8 digits, 1,000 Personal Codes) Optional Features Document Server¹¹HDD option required
*Bypass Tray only
**Typical electricity consumption by ENERGY STAR program
CPU RM7035C – 533 MHz Page Description Languages Standard: PCL5e/6; Optional: Genuine Adobe® PostScript®3, Universal Driver Maximum Print Resolution 600 x 600 dpi Standard Interfaces Ethernet (RJ-45 network port: 10BASE-T/ 100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T), USB 2.0 Type A and B Optional Interfaces IEEE1284, Wireless LAN (IEEE802.11a/b/g) Network Protocols TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6), IPX/SPX² Fonts for PCL5e/6 45 Roman fonts and 13 International fonts Fonts for PS3 136 Roman fonts Network Operating Systems Windows XP/Server 2003/Vista/Server 2008/7; Novell Netware 6.5 and later; UNIX Filters for Sun Solaris 2.6/7/8/9/10; HP-UX 10.x/11.x/11iv2/11iv3; Red Hat Linux Enterprise V4, V5, V6; SCO OpenServer 5.0.6/5.0.7/6.0; IBM AIX Version 5.3, 6.1, 7.1; SAP R/3, 3.x or later, mySAP ERP2004 or later; Mac OSX 10.5 or later; Citrix Metaframe XP/ Presentation Server 4/4.5/XenApp 5.0, 6.0, 6.5 Utilities SmartDeviceMonitor for Admin and Client, Web SmartDeviceMonitor, Web Image Monitor Standard Features Mobile Driver, Bonjour Support, Classification Code, PDF Direct Print, Windows Active Directory Support, DDNS Support, WS Printer, PCL Resident Font Adoption, Tray-Parameter Change from WebImageMonitor, XPS Support Optional Features Media Direct Print (Print from USB/SD)¹, Mail to Print¹, Sample/Hold/Stored/Locked Print¹, Store and Print¹, Auto Job Promotion¹¹HDD option required
²Netware option required
Scanning Speed 50 ipm @ 300 dpi B&W (Letter/A4)
25 ipm @ 300 dpi Full-Color (Letter/A4)
Scanning Resolution Up to 600 dpi Scan Area Main: 11" (297 mm)
Sub: 17" (432 mm)
Compression Method B&W: MH (default), MR, MMR, JBIG2
Scan Mode B&W: Text, Text/Line Art, Text/Photo, Photo, Grayscale
Full-Color: Text/Photo, Glossy Photo, ACS
Standard Interfaces Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX, Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T) Optional Interfaces Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11a/b/g) File Formats Single/Multi Page TIFF, Single/Multi Page PDF, Single/Multi Page High Compression PDF and Single/Multi Page PDF/A; Single Page JPEG Scan Modes Scan-to-USB/SD; Scan-to-Email (POP, SMTP, IMAP4); Scan-to-Folder (SMB/FTP/ NCP²); Scan-to-URL¹ Network TWAIN Scanning; WSD Scanner Standard Features PDF Encryption, Drop Out Color Send, Scan-to-Email/SMB/FTP, LDAP Support, TWAIN Scanning Optional Features Preview Before Transmission (TX Preview)¹, Scan to URL¹¹HDD option required
²Netware option required
Type ITU-T (CCITT) G3 Circuit PSTN, PBX Resolution 200 x 100 dpi, 200 x 200 dpi Modem Speed 33.6K – 2,400 bps with Auto Fallback Compression Method MH, MR, MMR, JBIG Scan Speed 2 seconds (Letter) Transmission Speed Approx. 2 seconds/page (JBIG) Memory 4 MB (approx. 320 pages) Memory Backup 1 hour Quick/Speed Dials 1,000 (2,000 with HDD Option) Group Dials 100 groups (max. 500 numbers per group) User Function Key 3 keys Standard Features Detection of Misplaced Documents, Double Check Destination Address, Direct SMTP, Fax Forward to Email/Folder, LDAP Support, Internet Fax (T.37), IP Fax (T.38), LAN Fax Optional Features Paperless Fax¹, Remote Fax¹¹HDD option required
Paper Feed Unit PB2000 (Optional)
Paper Size 5.5" x 8.5" to 11" x 17" (A5 – A3) Paper Weight 16 – 28 lb. Bond (60 – 105 g/m²) Paper Capacity 500 sheets x 1 Tray Dimensions (WxDxH) 21.8" x 21.6" x 5.4" (553 x 548 x 137 mm) Weight 26.5 lbs. (12 kg)
Paper Feed Unit PB2010 (Optional)
Paper Size 5.5" x 8.5" to 11" x 17" (A5 – A3) Paper Weight 16 – 28 lb. Bond (60 – 105 g/m²) Paper Capacity 500 sheets x 2 Trays Dimensions (WxDxH) 21.8" x 21.6" x 10.7" (553 x 548 x 271 mm) Weight 55.1 lbs. (25 kg)
FAC59 Tall Cabinet
Dimensions (WxDxH) 29.7" x 27.2" x 16" (755 x 692 x 406 mm) Weight 26.0 lbs. (11.8 kg) (Required for installation with base model to bring the device up to the optimal height)
Short Cabinet Type E
Dimensions (WxDxH) 21.8" x 20.7" x 8.5" (553 x 525 x 215 mm) Weight 24.0 lbs. (10.9 kg) (Required with installation of Paper Feed Unit PB2010 or PB2000 to bring the device up to the optimal height)
1 Bin Tray BN2010, HDD Option Type M1, IEEE 1284 Interface Board Type A, IEEE802.11a/g Interface Unit Type J, VM Card Type U, File Format Converter Type E, Browser Unit Type M1, SD Card for NetWare Printing Type M1, Optional Counter Interface Unit Type A, Copy Data Security Unit Type G, PostScript 3 Unit Type M1, Memory Unit Type M1 1.5 GB, Fax Connection Unit Type M1, FM8006 Bracket MP 2501 and External USB Keyboard
Standard Features: SMTP over SSL; Authentication (Windows/LDAP/ Kerberos/Basic/User Code/802.1.x Wired); Encryption (Address Book/Authentication Password/SSL Communication/IPsec; Network Protocol (Port) On/Off; IP Filtering; RAM Based Security when HDD is not installed
Optional Features: Quota Setting/Account Limit¹, DataOverwrite Security¹, Locked Print¹, HDD Encryption¹, Copy Data Security Unit, S/MIME¹ ¹HDD option required
Some features may require additional options.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.